Prepared by the 2023 Disneyland® Resort Grad Nite Team
In a tradition that dates back to 1961, Grad Nite at the Disneyland® Resort (the “Resort”) has been a rite of passage for millions of graduating high school seniors. Disney’s goal is to create an environment that is enjoyable for everyone including, without limitation, all Resort Guests and Disney Cast Members. The Resort expects chaperones and school administrators to strictly enforce Grad Nite behavior expectations and policies. With each school’s cooperation, we can carry on the legacy of Grad Nite at the Resort as the magical and memorable experience that it is today.
It is the school’s responsibility to ensure that all students and chaperones attending Grad Nite (each an “Attendee” and, collectively, “Attendees”) arrive at the Resort sober and without any drugs, alcohol, or other prohibited items in their possession. We expect schools to conduct thorough bag checks and Attendee screenings before allowing Attendees to board buses for Grad Nite. Similar to the security screening process for all Resort guests, Attendees should expect bag checks and magnetometer screenings at the Resort’s backstage screening area.
In conjunction with the Anaheim Police Department, we will also be conducting screenings for banned substances.
Screenings will include bag searches and the use of drug-sniffing canines. If bag searches and/or the drug-sniffing canines indicate the presence of marijuana (or any of its derivatives including marijuana enriched products and medical marijuana) or any illegal narcotics/substance, we will ask the subject Attendee for permission to conduct additional screening. Chaperones are required to enter the security screening area with their students. A chaperone must be available at all times and prepared to handle any issues that may arise during screenings and must accompany students as needed, regardless of a student’s age.
If any banned substances are found on the bus or in the possession of an Attendee, the matter will be turned over to the Anaheim Police Department for further action. If schools/Attendees violate this policy, the school may be banned from future Grad Nite events. Attending Grad Nite is not a right, it’s a privilege.
All chaperones attending Grad Nite must be age 25 or older. Chaperones are expected to provide responsible adult supervision both during the day and evening hours of Grad Nite. Therefore, chaperones should not consume alcoholic beverages during their visit to the Resort for Grad Nite. Chaperones violating this policy will not be allowed into the Grad Nite private event and may jeopardize future Grad Nite registrations for their school. Chaperones must be available at all times to respond to any incident involving an Attendee from their school and must ensure that chaperone contact information provided to Disney is correct and complete prior to the date of the event.
All students attending Grad Nite must be graduating high school seniors that are in good standing with their school. All students must arrive together with their school in buses, large vans or chaperone-driven vehicles. Arriving at Grad Nite in a student-driven vehicle is not permitted. Each Attendee attending Grad Nite is responsible for his/her own ticket throughout the duration of the visit. Tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable and will not be replaced if expired, lost, destroyed or stolen. Attendees will receive an event wristband following successful completion of the security screening at the Grad Nite screening location. Children of Attendees or students without a registered school in attendance will not be allowed to attend regular theme park hours or the Grad Nite private event using any type of Grad Nite ticket package (i.e., paid student, paid chaperone or complimentary chaperone ticket). If an Attendee is seen with a child during the Grad Nite private event, they will be asked to leave immediately. Please leave all children at home. The Grad Nite private event is a special ticketed event for eligible attendees from registered schools, and is not open to the general public or to any other students, parents, chaperones or guests arriving at the Resort without a Grad Nite ticket).
To ensure an enjoyable experience for all Attendees and other theme park guests, please respect the theme park rules as well as the following rules:
Excessive celebratory behaviors that can be interpreted by other guests as intimidating and/or disruptive are prohibited at the Resort and during the Grad Nite event, such as:
- Groups walking and/or running in locked arms (this can appear threatening to other guests and is also a safety concern in impacted areas).
- Group chanting of any kind including yelling at high volumes in attraction queues.
The following behaviors and activities are not tolerated at the Resort:
- Inappropriate touching, sexual misconduct or physical aggression of any kind.
- Failure to comply with a request of a Disney Cast Member (Disney Cast Members are trained to direct Resort guests for optimal safety and help guests comply with the Resort’s standards of conduct).
- Inappropriate language (including profanity) and disruptive or offensive behavior.
Disrespectful demeanor toward other theme park guests, Disney Cast Members or other law enforcement officials.
- For your safety and that of others, please refrain from running.
- Theft or vandalism.
- Line jumping/cutting in attraction queues.
- Failure to comply with attraction safety rules.
- The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.
- Photography, videotaping or recording of any kind for commercial purposes.
- Feeding, petting, touching, harassing or harming any wildlife in the theme park, including birds.
The following items are prohibited for all Attendees:
- Alcoholic beverages and any illegal narcotics/substances.
- Marijuana (or any of its derivatives including marijuana enriched products and medical
marijuana), even if it has been legally prescribed to the student or chaperone.
- Self-defense or restraining devices (e.g., pepper spray, mace).
- Glass containers of any kind, glass perfume/cologne bottles of any size.
- All outside food and drinks that are not factory sealed.
- Firearms, ammunition or weapons of any kind, or objects or toys that appear to be firearms
- Fireworks or other similarly explosive and/or flammable objects.
- Laser pointers or any other items we deem inappropriate and/or aligned with normal
Resort prohibited items deemed potentially harmful or disruptive, including Bluetooth
- Smoking, vaping, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes), vaping products and any
other tobacco products.
- Selfie sticks and hand-held extension poles for cameras and mobile devices.
- Suitcases, bags, coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels that are larger than 24” long
x 15” wide x 18” high.
- Musical instruments.
- Large tripods or monopod stands and professional photography equipment and lighting.
Recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, skateboards, scooters, inline
skates and shoes with built-in wheels.
- Attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of
other Guests, such as clothing containing drug/violence/weapon references or pictures
and potential gang-related clothing.
If a chaperone should witness inappropriate student behavior, we ask that the chaperone notify a
Disney Cast Member immediately. If a student should witness inappropriate chaperone behavior, we
ask that the student notify a Disney Cast Member immediately. If a student or chaperone is ejected
from the Resort or Grad Nite, it is the responsibility of the school official(s) to dismiss the student
or chaperone from the Resort premises.
Grads and/or their chaperones may only bring in medication (including but not limited to inhalers
and over-the-counter and prescription medications) in conformance with school policy and the
requirements under applicable laws and regulations, such as Section 49423.1 of the California
Education Code. Any medication needing refrigeration may be stored at Disney California
Adventure® Park First Aid.
Be Safe and Make Good Choices
Why not click the Envelope Icon, we would love to chat with you!